Located in Glasgow City Centre the CitiHome Aparhotel will feature 204 bespoke designed studio rooms and suites, with excellent facilities including a destination rooftop bar, large gym, and restaurant. The intention is to create an exciting architectural & urban design solution that is unique, innovative and a landmark building for Glasgow. With this design we have exploited the key opportunities that this location offers:
- The opportunity to enhance the city skyline with an exciting landmark building with distinctive architectural character that imaginatively responds to its Glasgow context.
- An urban design opportunity to reinforce the importance of Buchanan Street axis line by designing the geometry of the building to address the axis and create a ‘visual stop’ on the north-south vista.
- Catalyst project bringing mixed uses to contribute to the vibrancy & enhancement of the riverfront area.
- Creating a lively & engaging Public Realm – Designing active frontage on Dixon Street to facilitate opportunities for outdoor café space and reactivating the streetscape.
- Increased pedestrian connectivity from Buchanan Street to the riverfront and to the south side of river, to be facilitated by creating a safe & pleasant environment.
- Creating a ‘Destination’ roof-top bar/restaurant & external sky-deck providing a unique and exciting city attraction with unrivalled views across the city.
- An opportunity to reinforce the importance of the building’s important location within the Central Conservation Area, through carefully designed elevational treatments using robust external materials, creating distinctive architectural character and appropriate to Glasgow’s ‘Stone City’context.
- Enhancing the city at night with an innovative roof-top lantern design illuminated to create dramatic night-time architecture.
Role: Project Architect, in collaboration with MDS Architecture (Johannesburg), AITA (London), and Alex Macgregor Architect (Glasgow). All 3-D graphics are courtesy of MDS Architecture.
Client: CitiHome Glasgow Ltd
Status: Planning Approval Obtained
Get In Touch
Contact us today for a free initial consultation about your project