We were appointed to carry out full architectural services for this project from inception to completion and the Client brief was to design an exemplar over 55’s Retirement Living Development. This development is located on the site of the former WIndlestrae Hotel, Kinross. Situated on the boundary of the Kinross Conservation Area this development of circa 40nr dwellings comprises a mixture of detached & semi-detached bungalows, 1.5 and 2-storey cottages, and affordable apartments. The design concept adopts the principles of the Designing Streets planning policies. Design considerations include:
- Placement/orientation of the various house types designed to create a coherent structure of streets, and clear delineation of public & private space.
- Composition of varied house types carefully considered to achieve character / sense of identity and to create unique ‘places’ within the development.
- Variation in roofscape and external materials complementing the existing surrounding townscape.
- Design and density of development reflects the local context.
- Soft landscaping designed to create character within the development and utilising native species.
Communal facilities include a Residents Club Lounge with kitchen facilities, landscaped gardens and guest suite for visiting friends and relatives.
Role: Project Architect
Client: Juniper Residential Ltd / Cruden Group
Status: On Site
Credits: CGi’s courtesy of Cruden Group
Get In Touch
Contact us today for a free initial consultation about your project